Monday, May 12, 2014

Don't you just love it when....

(Bet you're expecting a terrible tale at this point....not this time!) 

Don't you just love it when your students are using what you've taught them and letting you know OUTLOUD??!!

As we were reviewing some things this morning and reading a chart of review words and new words...all of a sudden they started telling the words within words they were seeing! They were actually using the strategies I've been telling them about ALL year long!! I was so excited!! I just love it when there is evidence of what I've been teaching! 

(I won't even think about the fact that there's only 2 more weeks of school and I'm just now seeing it...I'll just chalk it up to the fact that they were using the strategies but just chose now to tell me what they're doing...sounds plausible, doesn't it??)

Anyway...this certainly made my Monday morning a little better! Made me feel a little better about the year...even though this is my 5th year of teaching I still second guess and wonder about how I'm doing. Surely, I'm not the only one...am I??

Hope you have had a successful Monday too! 

Time to go since Swamp People is about to come on!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment